"Drive carefully! Remember, it’s not only a car that can be recalled by it’s maker."
Outlook: Creating X-Spam-Level Header to Message Filters
Adding X-Spam-Level Header to Outlook Message Filter
This document assumes that:
- you are already logged in Outlook 2003,
- there is a folder named Spam, which is designated for storing spam messages.
The screen captures below may look different if you are using Outlook XP/2000/98.
- Outlook 97 does not support rules.
- Outlook Express from version 4 to version 6 does not support user defined filters.
- From Tools menu option, select Rules and Alerts.
- In Rules and Alerts, inside E-mail Rules tab, click on New Rule.
- In Rules Wizard:
Select Start from a blank rule.
Highlight Check messages when they arrive.
Click on Next.
- Put a checkmark next to with specific words in the the message header.
In the Step 2: Edit the Rule description section, click on the specific words link.
- In the Search Text window:
- In the Specify words or phrases to search for in the message header, type in X-Spam-Level: XXX
- Click on Add.
There is a space between X-Spam-Level: and XXX.
- X-Spam-Level: XXX string will be displayed in the Search list.
Click on OK.
- In the Step 1: Select action(s), put a checkmark next to move it to the
In the Step 2: Edit the rule description, click on specified folder link.
- Select Spam folder under your Inbox and click OK.
- Click on the Next.
- In the next window, click the Next.
- Click on Finish.
- Click on Apply.
- Click on OK.